Sunday, July 1, 2012

Crockpot Dr Pepper BBQ Boneless Ribs & "Revolutionary" Mac & Cheese

We all know how fantastic Dr Pepper is.....and how much we love it in this household.  So to discover that I can cook with it has been an amazing feat for our taste buds.  This round I made Crockpot Dr Pepper BBQ Boneless Ribs that I got the idea for from here.

Ingredients:
1 lb boneless Pork Ribs
1 can Dr Pepper
9 oz BBQ Sauce
Season Salt, to taste

Directions:
Season ribs with Season Salt & place in the crock pot.  Pour Dr Pepper & BBQ Sauce over the ribs and stir to mix.  Cover & cook on low for 4 hours.  The last hour that your ribs are cooking, start in on your "Revolutionary" Mac & Cheese.

Ingredients:
2 cups Elbow Pasta
2 1/2 cups 2% Milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/4 tsp Spicy Brown Mustard
Directions:
In a saucepan, combine the Pasta & Milk.  Bring to a simmer & reduce heat to low.  Cook for 20-25 mins until the Pasta is soft.  Stir regularly and whatever you do DON'T LET THE MILK BOIL!  I was trying to do 3 other things at the same time as I was trying to cook and I was deathly afraid that my Milk would start boiling....luckily, it did not.  When the Pasta is done cooking, turn off the heat & add Cheese, leaving a little extra for later.  Stir to combine.  Stir in the Spicy Brown Mustard, cover & let sit for a few minutes.  At this point, you can probably take your Ribs out of the crock pot & get 'em ready for eatin'.
Then give your Mac & Cheese one more good stir & pour in a baking dish.  Sprinkle the remaining Cheese over the top and bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted.
Notes:
I used to believe that only cheese & bacon could make everything better......Dr Pepper is officially added to that list.  
DON'T TRY TO DO 5 THINGS AT ONCE WHILE COOKING WITH MILK.  I can't stress enough how AFRAID I was the whole time I was multi-tasking & cooking this Mac & Cheese.  Just the thought of Milk boiling & curdling ::gag::

Y'ALL ENJOY!!!!

Until next time.....

-Samantha

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! Most recipes I found called for extra sugar like molasses or brown sugar. With this I can use a not too sweet baby sauce and get most of my sweetener from the Dr Pepper.

    ReplyDelete