Sunday, July 1, 2012

Cream Cheese Enchiladas

After the semi-success of my first batch of Enchiladas (they were pretty tasty....but they fell apart), I thought I'd try my hand at them once again.  This time around, I found some Cream Cheese Enchiladas to try out.  I chose these because 1.) I had them pinned on my Yum board on Pinterest & 2.) I thought the corn would add an interesting flavor/texture to the "same ol' Chicken Enchiladas".


Ingredients:
2 cups cooked, shredded Chicken (2 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts)
5 oz Cream Cheese
1/4 cup Sour Cream
2 cups Salsa
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 cup shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
1 cup frozen Corn Kernels
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin
Pepper, to taste
7 Flour Tortillas


Directions:
Season Chicken Breasts with Pepper and bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins.  Then use 2 forks to shred the Chicken.  In a bowl, cream together your Cream Cheese & Sour Cream then add 1/2 cup of Salsa & 1/2 cup of each of your Cheeses.  In another bowl, mix together the Chicken, Corn, Chili Powder, Cumin & Pepper.  Then add the Chicken & Cheese mixtures together & stir to combine.
Spread 1/2 cup Salsa in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.  Place 1/3 cup of the filling in the center of a tortilla & spread straight down the middle.  Roll it up and place seam side down in your baking dish.  Do the same for the remaining 6 Tortillas.  Pour the remaining 1 cup of Salsa over the top and sprinkle with the rest of both Cheeses.  Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 25 mins & VOILA!
Notes:
I will probably use 1 oz less Cream Cheese next time around
These DID NOT fall apart!  Imagine my excitement  :)


Y'ALL ENJOY!!!!


Until next time.....


-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment