Wednesday, May 23, 2012

3 Packet Pot Roast & Cheddar Potato Slices

Here is another crock pot recipe that I tried in April for 3 Packet Pot Roast.  This roast was A-MAZING.  I am not by any means going to try to pass it off as my own because, well, there really just is not any way to do it.  I used the exact same ingredients as she did.  Most of my crock pot recipes have derived from the same site that I found this one on.  Along with the roast, I made Cheddar Potato Slices derived from the Parmesan Potato Wedges on that page.  Cheddar & Parmesan, Wedges & Slices.....2 different things, you may say.....but those are only TWO ingredients out of this recipe. 

3 PACKET POT ROAST

Ingredients:
2 lb Chuck Roast
1 packet Grill Mates Peppercorn & Garlic
1 packet Ranch Dressing & Seasoning
1 packet Italian Dressing
3 cups Water

Directions:
Place your Roast in the crock pot.  Combine the 3 packets in a bowl & pour on top of the Roast.  Flip the Roast to cover it completely in the Seasonings and make sure you rub the Seasonings into the Roast also.  Add a cup of Water and cook on Low for 5 hours.  

Then (when you get home from work, as I did), add 2 more cups of water and switch the crock pot to High....this turned out to be about another hour while I was prepping & cooking our Potato Slices.

The Final Product:
Just like the Grill Mates packet says, YOU CAN SEE THE FLAVOR!  :)
Notes:
The recipe I copied says you can cook on High for 4-5 hours.  I am weird about leaving my crock pot on High while no one is home though AND the 5 hour mark would have left no extra time to make our side dish.

CHEDDAR POTATO SLICES

Ingredients:
3 Russet Potatoes, sliced
5 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2/3 cup Plain Bread Crumbs
1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 tbsp Paprika (not pictured...see notes)
2 tsp Ground Mustard
3/4 tsp Garlic Powder
3/4 tsp Ground Thyme
1/4 tsp Cayenne

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F & place a foil lined baking sheet inside to preheat also.  Place your Potato Slices in a bowl with the Vegetable Oil & toss them until they are evenly coated.  Combine the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl & add to the Potatoes, tossing again to evenly coat.  Place the Potato Slices in a single layer on the baking sheet & bake for 25 mins.

The Final Product:

Notes:
I clearly did not realize I was snapping a pic of Parsley instead of Paprika.  I did not use Parsley in this recipe.  :)
These were all kinds of spicy, crispy goodness....we love spicy & crispy in our household.  

Until next time.....

-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment