Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dr Pepper Crock Pot Roast

Chris mentioned to me recently that he wanted me to try a pork ribs recipe cooked in the crock pot with Dr Pepper.....I thought, why not try to find something that I could make with the ingredients I had in my house already.  Everyone loves a good Chuck Roast, right?  PLUS, this was the last night I really had to cook before my busy week at work last week.

DR PEPPER CROCK POT ROAST

Ingredients:

2 lb Chuck Roast
1 - 12 oz can Dr Pepper
2 cups Water
5 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
My meat was just a *tad* frozen....I both found & made this recipe on my lunch break.

Directions:

Place Roast in the crock pot and add all other ingredients.  Cook on Low for 5 hours then switch to High for about an hour.

Can I just say that Dr Pepper is an amazing thing to be addicted to.  haha.  I purchased boneless pork ribs on my last trip to the grocery store just so I can find a GOOD crock pot recipe to douse these in Dr Pepper.  :)

Until next time.....

-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment