Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan

There is an AMAZING Italian restaurant in the Southwest corner of Frisco called Isabella's.  They have the absolute best Chicken Parmesan that I have ever tasted.  I've had a tiny craving for Chicken Parmesan since then and thought, what easier way to satisfy my craving than to find an Easy, Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan to make.  By no means do I think that a Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan will compare to the the awesomeness that I had at Isabella's...but it works & it was actually pretty dang good, I must say.

Ingredients:

1 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Egg
2 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
1 - 12 oz can Tomato Paste, seasoned
I used seasoned Tomato Paste with a little bit of water because I don't have to blend it.  We're not big fans of chunky Tomato Sauce in our household.

Directions:

Swirl Olive Oil around the bottom of you crock pot's stoneware insert until it covers the entire bottom.  Mix the Bread Crumbs, Seasoning & Parmesan Cheese in a dish.  Dip each Chicken Breast in the Egg & then in the Bread Crumb mixture, coating both sides well.  Place the Chicken Breasts in the bottom of the crock pot.  Layer all of the Mozzarella Cheese over the top of the Chicken Breasts.  Cover the Chicken Breasts & Cheese with the whole can of Tomato Paste & cook on Low for 5 hours then switch to High for about an hour. 

Notes:
I used a loaf pan for the bread crumb mixture.  It seemed like the most logical choice of dish.
I should have saved a little extra Mozzarella Cheese to sprinkle over the top right before we ate. 
I made sure to use ALL of the Bread Crumb mixture on my 2 Chicken Breasts. 

This.........definitely satisfied my craving. 

Until next time.....

-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment