Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My first Pork Roast

Welp....since dinner for tonight is cooking, I may as well post my AWESOME pork roast I made in the crockpot yesterday for dinner.  

I have to say, I really outdid myself with this one.

It was a Sage Rubbed Pork Roast in Apple Gravy that I found in the comments section here and some good ol' fashioned baked potatoes.  :)  

Everyone knows how to make baked potatoes so I will not be posting the recipe for those.

SAGE RUBBED PORK ROAST IN APPLE GRAVY

Ingredients:

2 1/2 tsp sage
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 1/2 lb pork roast (aka pork butt) (& that weight is just a guess)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups apple juice


Directions:

  Combine spices in a bowl. 



Rub both sides of the pork roast with the olive oil and the combined spices. 



Place in crockpot with 2 cups of Apple Juice.

  

I left the crockpot on Low for 4 1/2 hours then when I got home, switched it to high while the baked potatoes baked for 1 hour 20 mins.  

Remove from crockpot and shred with 2 forks and VOILA!  You've then got a full plate of fantastic, flavorful Pork Roast.  :)


While Chris made himself a BBQ sandwich, I made myself a BBQ Baked potato with shredded cheese & butter (YUM)


And after I was done with that, I proceeded to make myself a foldover BBQ sandwich.  I love foldover sandwiches.  :)


Needless to say, Chris & I knocked out the entire roast by ourselves last night.  :)  We did work!

That's all I have for tonight.  Will post tonight's dinner shortly (or tomorrow). I may not have the motivation tonight.  ;)

Until next time....

-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment