Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dinner & dessert 3/7/12

I've recently tried my hand at cooking in my crockpot & tonight was actually only my second time to use it....so far, so good  :)

On the menu tonight (from Pinterest, of course):  My own rendition of "Lazy Chicken" that I found on this blog, Simply Recipes Cheesy Bread, & what is supposedly the "Perfect Brownie" 

First up:  My very own "Lazy Chicken"  :)

Ingredients:
2 Chicken breasts (thawed & cut into fourths)
1 Jar Meat Flavored Tomato Paste (I had to blend so there were no chunks....oh, the things I do for him)  :)
1/2 bag of Egg Noodles

Directions:
Mix tomato paste and chicken in crockpot and cook on low for 5 hours.  By this time, the chicken was easy to shred with 2 forks but just to be safe, once I got home, I switched the crockpot to High and started cooking the noodles & cheesy bread (which took about 30 mins altogether). 



Cheesy Bread (for 2)

Ingredients:
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp sour cream
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
4 thick cut slices of French Bread

Directions:

Mix cheese together in large bowl and add mayo & sour cream.  In a separate bowl, blend the butter & garlic until smooth.  Add the garlic butter mixture to the cheese mixture and combine.  Preheat broiler.  Slice french bread into 4 thick cut pieces.  Spread the cheese mixture over each slice of bread.  Place under the broiler until slightly browned and bubbly on top (this took about 5 - 7 mins)

The final product(s) - yes, that IS a paper plate  :)


"Perfect Brownies"

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup Nestle Toll House cocoa powder
3 eggs
3/4 cup unsalter butter, melted
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup Log House semi-sweet chocolate chips


Sidenote:  I'm a huge fan of Wal-Mart's Great Value brand  :)

Directions:

Combine all dry ingredients, except the chocolate chips  



Add the eggs & melted butter and hand mix until the dry ingredients are just incorporated into the wet ingredients. 


Stir in the chocolate chips


Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper.  I used an awful lot of this...I wasn't really sure how to make it "lay down" around the sides without it raising up out of the bottom of the dish.  Pour the batter in the dish and spread it evenly.


Bake at 325 degrees (I don't have that symbol on the netbook) for 30 - 35 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Lift the parchment paper out of the dish and pull the edges down.  Allow to cool before om nomming down


I have to say these brownies are PRETTY DANG GOOD! 



Until next time......

-Samantha

1 comment: