Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dinner for 1!

So I was home alone last night and originally thought, "YES!  Rest night for Sammy!"  Not so much.  Once I got home from work, I realized I had a weekly chore to do.  While doing my weekly chore, I decided that just because Chris wasn't home, doesn't mean I can't make myself a good dinner & so I took to Pinterest.  :)

Last night's menu consisted of Honey Mustard Chicken StripsChili Cream Cheese Dip.

HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN STRIPS (my own variation, of course)

Ingredients:

1 chicken breast, cut into strips
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup honey
1/8 cup spicy brown mustard
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
a dash of pepper
1 cup bread crumbs



Directions:

Combine mayo, spicy brown mustard, honey, garlic powder, paprika & pepper in a bowl.  Stir until evenly combined.  Divide the sauce in half and refrigerate until ready to use.  Half will be used for the marinade and half will be used to dip.  Place the chicken strips in the portion being used as marinade and stir to coat.  Refrigerate for 30 mins (or overnight, if you plan better than I do). 

 
 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top.  Spray the rack with non-stick cooking spray.  Pour the bread crumbs onto a plate & dip the chicken strips into the crumbs, covering completely.  Do not shake excess marinade off of the strips before doing so.  Flip them over a few times & press the bread crumbs into the strips & then place the strips on the wire rack.  Discard the leftover marinade.  I do not advise attempting to use this as extra dipping sauce.  Believe it or not, some people just need to be told.  



Bake the strip until the read crumbs are golden brown (about 25 minutes).  AND THEN SERVE WITH THE FANTASTIC DIPPING SAUCE THAT WAS CREATED IN THE BEGINNING!  :)


CHILI CREAM CHEESE DIP

Ingredients:

4 oz cream cheese
1/2 can of chili



Directions:

Warm both ingredients in a pot on the stove until blended.  Serve with Tortilla chips.



EASY PEASY!!!  

And the final products together -


YUM!  Those strips were AMAZING!  The marinade made it seem like they just melted in your mouth.  So.dang.good.  :)

Until next time.........

-Samantha



No comments:

Post a Comment