Monday, April 2, 2012

Crockpot Ribs & Loaded Potato Casserole

With the crazy work week I had last week, I hardly even had time to think about eating....let alone, actually cooking.  So you could say I was on a hiatus from my kitchen.....but really, my mind was occupied with other things.  Things that I get paid for.  :)

I've officially planned my very first week of meals for this coming up week so hopefully I'll have lots of goodies to post.  I do have to take a moment to show the ridiculousness I got myself into over the weekend though.  I was just minding my own business one night, washing dishes when suddenly.....A WILD DIP CUP APPEARED!


And planted itself right in my drain.  It was like a perfect fit.  There was no room around the edges to stick ANYTHING (including a fork & needlenose pliers) to attempt to lift it out.  So as I stood there and laughed, then worried, snapped a pic & posted to Facebook, & then laugh some more, I remembered: SUCTION CUPS!!!


This little thing was my hero that night.  I had some of them leftover from the Mickey Mouse fort kit I put together for Kaydon for Christmas.  :)

So now, after you're done laughing at me, we can get on to the food -

Sunday night I made Crockpot Easy Ribs & I tried another Loaded Potato Casserole  (this one was much more successful than the last)


CROCK POT EASY RIBS

Ingredients:

1-2 lbs Boneless Pork Ribs
1/3 cup Syrup
2 tbsp A1 Sauce
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Black Pepper


Directions:

Place ribs in the bottom of the crockpot.  Mix other ingredients together and pour over the ribs.  



Cook on high for 4 hours.  



Mine didn't turn out anything like the picture....they were pretty dang good though.  If they had bones, they would fall off the bones. 


LOADED POTATO CASSEROLE 
(I halved everything and made a smaller serving for Chris & I)

Ingredients:

4 Russet Potatoes, peeled & diced (yes, I can count...I added one after I took this picture)
1/4 cup Cream Cheese
1/4 cup Sour Cream
1/8 cup Butter
1/8 cup Milk
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 1/2 oz Bacon Bits




Directions:

Boil potatoes until tender & then drain


While the potatoes were boiling, we took the time to play with Leeloo & the new camera just a bit


Transfer to a bowl and mash with a hand masher, then bust out your handy dandy hand mixer just to be sure and get ALL the lumps out.  Add Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Butter, Milk, Salt & Pepper.  Mix Well and then stir in half of the cheese & bacon by hand.


Spoon mixture into an 8x8 baking dish and cook for 20 mins on 375 degrees.


Top with the remaining Cheese & Bacon and bake a few more minutes to melt the cheese.   And Voila!

{{more pics of Leeloo}}



Oh yeah.....and the Potato Casserole  :)



Mmm Mmm Mmm....this meal was pretty dang good.  :)  Now if I can just master more than 2 items without screwing something up.....WE COULD HAVE A FEAST!   :)

Until next time.....

-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment